08-15-2019, 12:55 PM   #3493
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grip Addict View Post
I am always interested in other states in USA and countries outside of USA gun laws.

What are Canada's like?
They're okay IMO. Maybe a little bit strict...

The basic thing you have to understand if guns here aren't really a right more of a privilege technically.

What I like:
- Not that easy to get into firearms, I mean it's easy to access the form and all that just some waiting time involved. You must be approved by the RCMP your privincal chiefs firearms officer and have not had a recent breakup for example. Must also provide references. The whole process also takes a good ammount of time, it is a PITA first time but at the same time I guess it can stop someone who is depressive and wants to do a mass shooting or something. Currently most firearm shootings are mostly gang related and illegal firearms so it must work I guess?

What I dislike:
- This one I really fucking dislike a lot: 5 bullet magazine limit for rifles for legal owners but a criminal can just drill out the rivet pin and have a full 30 round mag. We have a loophole where you can get a 10 bullet mag using pistol .223 mags but that's the most
- 10 bullet mag limit for handguns
- Restricted firearm cannot be shot on private land or crown land. Only at shooting clubs or events. To give you an idea ALL handguns are classified restricted and most ARs and black rifles are restircted as well.

To add to this, to be able to purchases a restricted class firearm you must be part of a shooting club.

Another point I also find weird is storage. A non restricted gun you can store it on your kitchen table with a cable or trigger lock but a restricted firearm must have a trigger or cable lock AND be stored inside of a sturdy container like a case or safe OR it can be displayed outside with trigger/cable lock but it must be mounted in a way where you can't just pick it up so like bolted to a shelf or something.

So yeah I think that's most of it, I may have missed some points.
Appreciate 2
Run Silent15127.00