02-17-2020, 12:34 AM   #5
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC-1 View Post
I did some perusing of the owner's manual and it says NAV and entertainment has it's own version, either available at the parts dept or in-car. Has anyone gone into the in-car version to double check there's no adj's? I'll do so next time I'm out for a spin.
The wife is binge watching season 3 of the Crown on Netflix so I have some time on my hands given that is not my cup of tea (pun intended). Rocked out to some great B&W sounds in the process of going through all the navigation, central display area, etc.

Finally have disengaged auto zoom in the Nav but may re-engage as when truly relying on it vs just my split screen view auto zoom is likely the best choice. As far as I can see, nothing in the navigation settings impact the central display area whatsoever. For the central display the options are limited: Off, Map view, Route preview and Assisted Driving View. The last option seems useless given once you enable the Assisted Driving View it will automatically trump the map as per my experience when full Driving Assistance is activated (basically the checked box on the screen of options).

However, through the exercise I may have found the setting to stop the nuisance in the HUD that flashes the speed limit when I'm above it (which is all the time ). Hoping that deselecting "warn when speeding" under "speed limit assistance" ceases that annoyance once and for all. I appreciate the PSL in the HUD but having it flash every time I exceed it is annoying.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1