View Single Post
      08-14-2023, 08:18 AM   #2
VP007
Private
Rep
Drives: 6 Series Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TupperBMW View Post
The OTA software updates have become a bit much of late. About 2 months ago I did one, and then weeks later there was another one. For me, at least, this kind of stuff is a bit annoying.

Does anything bad happen if I just skip these entirely?

What if I just told my dealer, at my next oil change, to update the software? Is that a reasonable option?

Thanks
If the OTA update process works for you, I would continue doing them so that you can get the future software fixes.

Most dealers will charge you to do the update unless they have to do it as part of a repair.

For the current 03/2023 software, there isn’t much for our SP18 cars in it (although my Driving Assistant Plus has improved and weaves less in the lane) and probably other fixes to modules we can’t see.

The 07/2023 update which will come OTA in September (and dealers already have) has some interesting things for our cars:
  • Quality improvement: Cruise Control and Assisted Driving Control: The robustness of the Distance Control activation is improved with the new software.
  • Quality improvement: Lane Departure Warning and Front Collision Warning: The robustness of the Lane Departure Warning and front collision warning are improved in difficult weather conditions, such as rain, snowfall, low sun or fog. Note: However, functional performance may be reduced in bad weather conditions.
  • Quality improvement: Optimised starting behaviour: The vehicle's starting behaviour from engine start/stop situations has been improved with this update.
  • Quality improvement: Owner's Handbook: The description for activating trailer operation has been adapted in the Owner's Handbook.
  • Quality improvement: Assisted Driving Plus: The display and operation of the Assisted Driving Mode Plus function has been improved.
Appreciate 1