View Single Post
      10-16-2019, 09:06 AM   #1
redhot47fla
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 iX M60, '24 X6 40i ordered

M850ix - stubborn electronic gremlins

This is not a big deal because I've found workarounds, but I am curious as to whether other M850 owners also are experiencing intermittent electronic glitches such as:

- Radio or other entertainment presets occasionally decide not to show up in the head-up windshield display. The solution has been to restart the car. Voila, there they are again.

- The garage door opener occasionally decides not to close the garage door. I've repeatedly reprogramed it and played around with the garage-door antenna. Doesn't matter. One out of every 10 times or so, it doesn't work. (Yet, it opens the garage door 100 percent of the time, even from 50 yards away).

- My iPhone Xs occasionally is not recognized under the precise same conditions that it had been recognized. I have found (and shared here) various fixes for this, generally making sure that the phone is on both the car's wifi and Bluetooth signals, switching the phone's wifi capability off and back on, etc.

- Related to the above, every now and then the car decides to spontaneously uncheck the wifi permission box in iDrive.

Owners, are you experiencing any of these? Or any similar gremlins?
- Retired: Three Lexuses.

Last edited by redhot47fla; 10-16-2019 at 09:38 AM..
Appreciate 1
Ozzie8641.00