10-18-2018, 06:45 PM   #13
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by damageprone View Post
A 2 or a 4 post lift is always the goal, but I don't have the space for it, nor is it portable and easy to install. Not at least at the current garage. With one of those you can at least store another car underneath.

A MaxJax lift is a viable option, but still don't have the space for it.
Manufacturers make 2 post lifts for 9 foot ceilings. They are not hard to install. Measure the floor, mark the lines, drill the concrete, stand the posts and bolt to the floor. Hook up the electric power. Rotary now has a 12-volt DC-powered lift that runs off a car battery. We had my lift installed (by the seller's installer tech and me) in about 2 1/2 hours. The point is you only install it once... vs. dragging out two trapezoids every time you want to lift the car.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 2
Nkc1600.50