View Single Post
      03-08-2012, 06:39 PM   #84
M3PO
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 IB E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDS2015 View Post
I say R8, but I'm not a huge fan of silver. I'd stay away from a Ferrari that old, because I think that to spend 80k on a Ferrari is kind of a douchey move, from a brand-whore sense. Something along the lines of "I just bought a Ferrari, it's 10 years old and I saved a bunch of money by getting it used." I also say Audi because for the reliability aspect. Watch the first 40 seconds of this and you'll get what I'm saying.

Even if it's only a weekend car, you still want it to work when you want to go and use it. That why I say R8.
I just bought an M3, it's 4 years old and I saved a bunch of money getting it used. I must be a douche. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1000 View Post
For that price, if I was looking for performance, I would get a GTR. If I was looking for something with style I would get a very slightly used Vantage....... but that's just me.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVG View Post
Completely agree with all of the above except in the case of the R8 spyder which is, to me, just drop dead gorgeous.
The spyder is drop dead gorgeous. I wouldn't consider an R8 unless it was the spyder (and I don't like topless cars) and it had a V10.
Appreciate 0