03-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #77
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im4citadel View Post
Guys...

Looking to get a weekend ride (the M3 has been magical, but it's paid off and I have come into a considerable bonus and it's time to play).

I am looking at an 08 V8 R8 with 7800 miles, R-tronic, nav/backup, Silver on Grey. $95000

or

2001 360 F1 Red on Beige with 8000miles $83000

The R8 is in S.Naples FL and I'm headed down there to test it this weekend (happened to coincide with Monday/Tuesday business in FL).

The other is from a dealership that my coworker bought his Ferrari from...Marshall Goldman. He raves about them and their professionalism, but my issue is with the maintenance of the 360. I have heard horror stories about the mid engine prancing ponies and I am hesitant, but the price is on point.

I have dreamed of owning a Ferrari since I was a kid and this 360 would truly fulfill the "Red Ferrari wet dream".

The R8 just seems more practical. An Audi dealership is down the road from where I live, all modern features, AWD, plenty of "wow" factor, and less problems.

But.....the other is....a FERRARI...

The R8 is WAY overpriced for what you get. This is the same basic motor as the RS4 which is basically the same as an M3. The Ferrari is just too dated and is an underperformer by today's standards. Really....you will disappointed even compared to your M3.

Honestly for $90-100k, I would look for a 2007-2009 911 turbo.