View Single Post
      11-28-2017, 08:20 PM   #43
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
OK, OK, so the market is not crashing (yet) but eventually it will. This rally will not go on forever. At some point, a major correction is coming. Is it a month from now, a year from now, or 10 years from now? I don't know. But history tells us that what goes up must eventually come back down.

I know we have a ton of savvy investors on this forum and I'd love to hear their thoughts on what they feel the key, early, indicators of looming trouble are and where the safe havens are thought to be in riding out a significant downturn.

Is anyone already starting to shift their positions in anticipation? Move out of equities and into gold, cash, treasuries, other?
The market will always go up and down, and sideways, then up and down again. Then waaaaay down. This is not necessarily a bad thing.

I've been investing since 1991 and have stuck faithfully with a wide range of mutual funds. When the market dives, I simply sit back and do nothing. I don't move my money around at all.

Meanwhile, my dividends keep automatically reinvesting as usual, buying even more shares because they are less costly. During market down cycles, I acquire more shares than I normally would. When the market recovers, I smile.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 1
Flying Ace4987.00