View Single Post
      07-08-2019, 08:47 PM   #7
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelse92 View Post
I live in Uptown Dallas and work as a side hustle in the bar restaurant industry!

Here's my recommendations:
For hotels; The Joule, The Statler Hilton, Hotel ZaZa, and the Omni are all good choices. If you really want to go crazy the Ritz and The Crescent can't be beat. The Statler has a nice bonus of having 6 restaurants on their property.

For bars in fall/summertime there's lots of great patios in town, I recommend Happiest Hour, The Henry, and The Rustic. Moxies is mostly indoors but also a good atmosphere.
For restaurants my favorites right now are Homewood, CBD at the Joule (chef there is a BMW guy too), Pecan Lodge is the go-to tourist BBQ, and if you want to again go fancy Trulucks, Nick and Sam's, or Del Frisco's (The latter two have some of the best steak in town)

If you like craft cocktails the go-to bars would be Parliament, Bowen House, and Standard Pour (Standard pour also offers a great Sunday brunch with live music).
For Craft beer check out the Deep Ellum Brewery

The lodge is definitely the best "scantily clad women" location, and they serve some really good surf and turf.

I would recommend staying in The Uptown, Downtown, or Victory Park, or Harwood areas to hang out. Deep Ellum is a popular party area, but crime rate late-night is a little bit higher over there, it's a bit safer near Uptown.

For nightclubs, Concrete Cowboy is a great spot (I work there Saturday nights), Citizen, and One Sette are great bottle-sevice Vegas-style clubs.
The place called Backyard is a cool venue as well if you like lawn games (cornhole, pool tables, giant jenga, etc.)

As far as other things to do... White Rock Lake has lots of jogging and walking trails, George Bush Library at SMU has an incredible 9-11 exhibit, museums, JFK memorial and holocaust museum are near each-other downtown in the "West-End" area. October would be start of hockey season, so you could potentially catch at Stars game.

Also, I highly recommend renting a car if you fly into DFW airport, an Uber from there to Downtown Dallas runs about $40. If you fly Southwest Airlines you can fly in to Dallas Love Field which you could probably get away with just ubering your whole trip from there. Tons of available Turo rentals too in Dallas if you want to avoid standard rental car companies and drive something nicer.

Lastly, avoid the South Dallas/Fair Park area.

Also, feel free to message me, I can answer any questions lol
uptown is dead. deep ellum is where it is at.
Appreciate 0