01-09-2020, 11:20 AM   #8
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupe,E63s ED1,AMG GTC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie8 View Post
Wolfman64 can I encourage you to keep trying. It works for me but is unreliable.

Just now I attempted a new 3D view and received what appears to be an error message:

! Feature Requirements
Remote 3D will not refresh if one of both of the below requirements..etc etc..log into driver profile and allow data use.

If you have logged in and allowed data use, then please don't be confused by this message as I was! I interpreted this as an error message. It is not - it is a warning. At this point I was giving up. Just check the box 'Don't show me again' and it will stop presenting this and potentially confusing you.

From the vehicle icon in the app now hit the Refresh View button.

You will get another warning message:
! Attention: Mirrors will unfold
There is also a 'Don't show again' box option - but I will keep this as it is actually a good warning message.

Then hit confirm and it goes through a process under 'loading' (sometimes the sub steps below are visible)
- Connecting to server
- Activating
- Taking pictures
- Receiving & rendering images

This can take between 1-2 mins. And then you should have your image which you can rotate and look at what is around your vehicle. And at the top should be a time stamp and location address. This is stored in the app until you Refresh View again.

Sometimes you do get a genuine error message, such as service unavailable, just hit try again. Or use iOS to close the app and restart it. I suspect BMW have this app running on a single vintage 2008 PC running Windows XP from their Antarctic server farm.

Hope this helps.
Thank you for the detailed info!
I followed your advice but no dice
It just sits there refreshing; if I force quit and restart it either fails to connect to the secure server, or activating cameras.

This is the last message I got...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0