08-28-2018, 11:12 PM   #40
NWest
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
That's exactly my point: driving the Model 3 is a ton of fun. The only difference is its purified, with no side effects like noise or smell.
You missed my point: I like the noise and smell "side effects", I don't want a purified experience.

And what you call "work" below is what I think is fun. I'm not saying a Tesla isn't fun to drive, it's just not the experience I want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
The more I drive the Tesla the more I think this is a one-way street. In the sense that it's pretty easy to go from gas to electric, but going back will be a huge pain. The other day my wife and I went someplace, she was driving, and we were in a C6 Corvette Z06. And I was amazed by how much work she had to do. Shifting, working three pedals, all that crazy noise from the engine and the transmission - and the car was delivering much less than the Tesla. Sure, it has 200hp over the Model 3 AWD, but you just can't get much benefit from that on the street. The 0-20 torque advantage of the electric motor, on the other hand, is very usable in the same conditions.
Appreciate 0