Thread: AC Issues ??
View Single Post
      06-15-2020, 07:14 PM   #68
DadzM8
Rep
Drives: 2020 Alpine White M8 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadzM8 View Post
I just took my new M8C to the dealer this morning. They tested the vac/recharge and the compressor. The compressor was malfunctioning. My local dealer (where I did not get the car from) told me these parts have to come from Germany and their is currently a 3-4 week back order on compressors for 8 series ( what does that tell you?).

The dealer that I purchased the car have been outstanding. They are taking a compressor from a new M8C model that has just been delivered (and where the air con is functioning perfectly) and putting that in my vehicle to prevent the car from being garaged for an extended period of time. They are traveling 3h to pick up my car in a covered transporter, then taking it back to the dealership to do the fix. Apparently this is a 6-8h procedure with taking the compressor out of one and into another as it is not that accessible. They then have to bring the car back in the covered transporter and finally get back to the dealership. Service above and beyond! I think it is the right thing to do, but not all dealers would go the extra mile. Clearly a problem with these units in these cars. Wow.
Just looked. My build date was December 2019.
Appreciate 1