02-04-2021, 01:52 PM   #766
Bemari
Rep
Drives: G26 M440i xDrive Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post

Earlier in 2018
  • G26 4GC will keep the hatchback.
Should this be still considered as a fact? In my opinion it's very hard to tell from the spy photos. But BMWBLOG mentioned a "fact" last December that G26 will not be a hatchback:

"This new car, though, ditches that tailgate for a conventional trunk, just like the 3 Series, as you can see from these photos. The trunk lid shut lines lie only on the deck of the trunk and don’t extend into the C-pillars, as they would with a tailgate."

https://www.bmwblog.com/2020/12/22/b...upe-spy-shots/

So what is the opinion of the community for this and does ynguldyn have any evidence of the hatchback style for G26?

BMW officially said in January that the official reveal of i4 will happen in a few months, so it would mean that we should see G26 final photos around March. I would say early March, because F36 GC was revealed in March 2014 in the very same Geneva Motor Show, which traditionally opened early March. Of course this year the show will not be kept, but the schedule should remain for the G26 reveal, as one year ago the reveal was indeed aimed to happen in 2021 Geneva Motor Show.
Appreciate 0