Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 24 i5M60 23 X740 23 Vette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
Hi All...

Absolutely LOVING the car so far. Unfortunately I won't be driving for a few days because I'm having knee surgery today. Can't wait to get the top down again.

Couple of questions:

1. Any tricks for making the HUD visible while wearing sunglasses?
2. What is the easiest way of switching between Idrive and CarPlay? I Can't believe there is not a hard button for this. Ben is coding next week, would love to see if Ben could make a shortcut with a button press.
3. I know that CarPlay is wireless. It does seem to burn a lot of battery. If I plug it in, does it no longer use wireless? Would I use the USB near the cup holder or the USBc in the console?
4. Can the roof be raised or lowered with the key?

Thanks guys!!!
1. Yes, I custom ordered Oakley Prisim that are specifically designed for that. they are all the benefits of polarized, but not polar, so you can see the FULL HUD on the m850i convertible with full sun or night. They work amazing well, and I attached my 2 pairs below.

2. You can code a smart button. I think I use 1-3 for XM, 4-6 is for CarPlay functionality, and 7 or 8 is tire pressure and display function.
I think I have 5 for apple maps, 6 for amazon music, and I think 4 is carplay/iPhone.

3. I've never plugged it in, but I use the wireless charger for my iPhone and it still works for CarPlay.
if my phone is fully charged, or I'm going on a short trip, I'll also put the display Key in the wireless charger. it will key charge in the bay.

4. Yes, it's a button on the display key. or you can hold the unlock on a regular key fob.
also, if you get Ben to code it, you can open the door and still raise and lower the roof. Otherwise, the roof will stop when you open or close a door.
Very much appreciated on all the feedback!!!

Is there a way to use wired CarPlay?!?! Kind of confused on that one.
Appreciate 1