Drives: 1M | GT3 | J392 | GRc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HXS View Post
2020 Audi RS6 Avant > this
Yes, but IMO a G81 M3 Touring would be >> Avants RS6

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo-mike View Post
I didn't realize there was a market for $140k station wagons
There is a market for Wagons, but it needs to be G80 platform, IMO.
That is where the manual transmission will be offered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 902 View Post
What is the point? If you want a spacious car get the X7, if you want a sporty car get the 8 series. If you want an 8 series GT, then you can most probably afford both an 8 series and an X7 together.

This car makes no sense at all. Doesn't even look good. But, to each his own I guess.
Does not make sense to you, but an M-wagon would be
Especially with a 6MT. Does a Golf R makes sense? This is the same concept, but larger......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geektechlive View Post
I'm probably the only US person that still sees utility in Estate wagons/station wagon/Touring .

My personal dream would be to see an M3 or M5 touring be available in USA. For me a touring car gives me utility like an suv but much more driving like a car. Make it an M3/M5 and I am all in.
Again , I'm probably the only person from the states who thinks that (it seems)
I agree, but I hear it all the time, enthusiasts love Wagons, but the last one to offer a manual was the Cadillac CTS and it has held it's value very well, there is a market. BMW cites lack of Sales on the F31 Sports Wagon, but that was not an enthusiast spec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geektechlive View Post
I'm not holding my breath on any touring +M cars making it to the states. It sure would be nice though. We have way too many SUV's if you ask me. Touring cars are a great middle ground between SUV/minivan and autos.

I would rather see a M series touring than another X3/5 M.
Totally agree, why not offer a Touring? No desire for a sporty SUV, but I would absolutely buy a Touring if 6MT were available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 535i MSport View Post
Perhaps not the M8, but an M3 and M5 would work. Tourings handle much better than SUVs, so I for one understand the why.

Audi sell the RS4 and RS6, and MB, the C63 and E63, so why not BMW?

I opted for the C63 S, because it works for my dog and bikes (and has 510 PS).

Quote:
Originally Posted by redEYEjedi View Post
Not really actually. Some of us have built M3 wagons so there is a market for them. I built mine back in 2013.
I saw an F80 converted Wagon driving this Summer it was amazing, and I think about that car all the time, it would be the ideal enthusiast do-it-all car.
Appreciate 1