View Single Post
      12-02-2018, 12:48 PM   #64
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funf6cyl View Post
I don’t understand your view. Show me another 3200 lbs car with 500 hp that can lap the Ring in under 7 mins. What “better chassis” cars with the same hp and weight can even come close to that? The ACR can’t beat it with much more power, much more downforce, stickier tires and lower weight. The 488 can’t touch it. Hell, Mclaren couldn’t lap in under 7 mins with a 3000 lb mid engines 1000 hp hypercar a nd Porsche did it with more weight, far less hp and torque and less downforce to boot and less sticky tires. The only company who can really beat Porsche is Porsche.
What people tend to forget is that every car has inherent pros and cons, the 911 while sitting still may look wrong, while driving it is more balanced, better braking, better in so many ways. That’s part of why they are simply so hard to beat and while doing so with less hp and continue to be the bar to which all cars are judged and the one car that for decades everyone else has tried to beat and always falls short.
I’m a huge 911 fan and have been sold since my first drive. I love the 911 I own, but also my 718 GTS and Macan GTS.
I love Porsches as much as the next guy, but do you truly think that 99% of 911 buyers give a shit about how fast it goes around the Ring? If the 488 can "touch it"? If the ACR does blah blah blah?

Doubt it.
Appreciate 0