12-01-2018, 06:47 AM   #57
sausage4
Private
Rep
Drives: MW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
Calm down there, fanboy, lol.

Seriously though - how many new Porsche owners spend any time regularly at the ring? Two, maybe three?

I would venture to say that Porsche probably has a higher percentage of owners that actually track their car on occasion than any other brand, save maybe the Mazda Miata - but even with that, I would imagine that the total is far less than 10%.

I've driven many Porsche's for long periods of time, including a 991 Turbo S. The cars are fantastic, but I enjoyed the 458 Italia much more. It isn't always about speed and handling. There is also soul - something the new 911's don't offer.

Porsche builds great cars - but the best in the world? hmmmm....

There is also soul - something the new 911's don't offer.

I have a 991.2 gt3 with a straight pipe exhaust, I can tell you there is no car that can deliver the excitement it provide. That glorious 4.0. Cup derived engine, that revs to 9k rpm, coupled with my straight pipe exhaust, it’s like I’m driving a cup car on the street. If you don’t think a 991 have soul, try a 991.1 gts for non gt cars, and if you do get the opportunity to test out the gt3, that would change your mind.
Appreciate 2