View Single Post
      12-20-2018, 10:33 PM   #17
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswy6 View Post
Thank you everyone for input. Sounds like there are people that really love it there, some people hate it. This will be a tough one. Deciding between Dallas and Seattle. Both companies that offered me a job are really good and it comes down to where i want to live
Ugg, I go to Dallas for work every 3 months. Flat, very little public land, if you want to go hit trails you often have to pay (a lot of places are on "ranches", that people own), oppressive heat in the summer. It really facilitates staying indoors and eating IMO. Not much to see nearby. There are some interesting sections of TX, but the time required to get to those places is huge, you can drive all day and still be in Texas. In Seattle, the mountains, the sound, the coast, is all accessible and not far away. A few years ago I drove up Hood Canal to the Port Angeles area, just an amazing drive, there's nothing like it in Texas. You can't see anything from the highways in Texas. You probably don't have to worry about rust in Texas, so it does have that going for it. It doesn't rain all the time in WA, places like Squim are in a rain-shadow, the east side of the cascades is dry, and most of the time it is raining it's more of a drizzle type, not like a TX thunderstorm/tornado combo. The forests are amazing in WA too, you can have alpine, dry alpine, the rain-forest of the lower west cascades, or the amazing redwood rainforest of the Olympic Peninsula. That one is particularly amazing, as the redwood smell is so strong and permeates everything. You can go visit these places and just enjoy, without being overrun by people. For me, there's no contest. The things in WA are the things I like. Traffic sucks, but it does in Dallas too, so nothing different there. For some reason, Dallas has some real bad roads, I've never noticed anything as bad in WA, but Dallas is locked in an eternal battle to expand the infrastructure enough for the population and it never gets there. Been going down for nearly 7 years and the same stretch of highway has had construction the entire time.
Attached Images

Last edited by RM7; 12-20-2018 at 10:38 PM..
Appreciate 1
GoRomeo963.50