View Single Post
      12-20-2018, 08:16 PM   #4
shimmy23
F15 daddymobile
Rep
Drives: GS X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswy6 View Post
Do any of you guys live in Seattle? Considering moving and need some advice on how is life there, car community. Any race tracks nearby etc? Do you enjoy living there in general?
car scene is decent, but nothing like cali. We have a couple tracks up here, but nothing too exciting IMO. You have to drive a bit for tracks. Now backroads... we have plenty.

I love it here. The air is clean, the land is green and overall people are nice. Seattle is a great city. Everything is close by, good food, lots of outdoorsy things to do too if you like hiking, biking, fishing, hunting, skiing (water or snow), boating, etc. There's a ton of things to do up here and you literally are minutes from the mountains, sea and lakes. Plenty of job opportunities here too; google, microsoft, boeing, nintendo, amazon, expedia, t mobile. That being said, housing is pricey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGM135is View Post
I lived there just below 50% of the time for a couple years and was glad I didn’t live there. Just too gloomy and dreary. Once you get past seeing the local sights, it doesn’t seem so special to me. People don’t seem as friendly either. The other side of Puget Sound, however a stunningly beautiful. Haven’t been to any other parts of the state.
The fall and winter months suck, but once you get to spring and summer I could argue that we have some of the nicest summers here. The weather starts to turn to rain/wind end of October and you can expect that to stay till end of March. Then the sun appears, flowers bloom and the scenery is amazing here. The summer temps are in the 80s to low 90s and it sunny for a good few months straight. Overall, the weather is mild and I like that. Its not too cold or hot.

Last edited by shimmy23; 12-20-2018 at 08:22 PM..
Appreciate 0