Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 Porsche 911 GTS Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenner View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by amelen View Post
Got it. Ugh, I really like the shadow trim & wheels.
You can do everything yourself much cheaper than the $13,000 Competition package.

You can add the additional front camber with an alignment.
It's probably not worth doing the stiffer engine mounts and ball joints instead of rubber at the rear but these can be had from BMW parts online vendors for a fraction of the price @ the dealer.

The shadowline front grill, black side vents and black rear badge can all be had for less than $500. If you can't find the part number on your own PM me as I replaced all the chrome on mine with these parts

The track mode display is silly but I am sure someone could code it for you if you really wanted to pay for it.

17hp you can get WAY more than that (~100hp+) with a piggy back tune for $700
An M8 and an M8 Competition both make the same power when tuned. No internal engine differences.

The competition exhaust is only different in the mid-pipe and the tip size/color. You can replace the mid-pipe for around $1200 if you want to stay "OEM" and paint the exhaust tips gloss black but why not just spend that on an aftermarket exhaust as you are still way under $13,000!

Same with the wheels, buy the BMW Comp wheels from BMW or buy some better looking aftermarket ones, whatever makes you happy.

Seatbelts have the tri color going down them, again you can replace with an OEM part, but the labor will cost more than the belts lol.
Only problem with this is warranty and you can residualize the added cost into a lease