View Single Post
      02-18-2018, 10:22 AM   #7
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
I think it comes down to life experience. Most people like the idea of a convertible but don’t realize they can come with additional problems or challenges. For me it was the security, cost of repair and ease of use. I got a hardtop convertible which I liked, but was five a piece top and kept getting hung, faulting out. I got rid of it before the warranty ran out since I had to take it back to the dealer three times for adjustments.

I liken this to owning a boat, you like the idea of having one, and you’re excited when you finally do have one but the ownership experience can be such that you’re just as excited to sell it and get it off your hands.

What I like about my Stingray (targa) is that I can remove the top and stow it in the back. There’s nothing mechanical. I just have to make sure the rubber seals stay healthy. It sounds like it’s not easy since you have to get out of the car, but honestly, it’s a very light top and quick to take off or put on. I can’t do it while driving but all the other parts of using it make me happier.
Appreciate 1