View Single Post
      04-02-2024, 08:46 AM   #26
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

I upsized my purchase of QJ to the 7000 a couple years ago and got it on sale from CostCo. I find it great for MX where I will need to repeatedly go from underneath a vehicle to working in the engine bay. However, for something like an oil change where I don't necessarily need to raise the whole vehicle, swapping summer/winter wheel sets, bleeding brakes, etc... I find it just as easy or easier to use a floor jack and my ESCO jack stands.

The 7000 fits fine for both my N55 X1 and M Coupe. In the case of the coupe, it trades setup time of moving the QJ over+ positioning them for the time to use 2 floor jacks to raise the car and graduate raising the front, back, and stand heights.

As others have said, make sure it'll fit and line up w/ your vehicle jack points. I think QJ goes on sale at HD and CostCo a couple times a year.

I didn't buy/use QJ's wallbrackets to store mine. I have a bunch of gladiator wall track in my garage and use one of the gladiator brackets to do essentially the same thing.
Attached Images