View Single Post
      03-10-2024, 03:17 PM   #25
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i -> M2C -> 21 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draxxas View Post
I don't understand part of your reply. Alex does work off datalogs so he does the same as most tuners.
This is in regards to the "I was told" and "there's no way to run straight E85." Those statements directly discredit reputable companies and tuners who tune thousands of BMWs across the U.S. and the world - Dinan being one of them.

Of course Eurowerks works off data logs. That's how tuning works or they wouldn't be able to build the tune. My point was that Eurowerks tunes many cars, not just BMWs. There are many companies in the area who do the same. It's a fiarly generic tune based on parameters and safeguards. I'm not saying they are worse, but I prefer to deal with someone who specializes in specific cars and knows everything about the powertrains with many satisfied customers.

Investing into building an E85 tune for such a small Chicago market with N63TU3 engines would not make sense for smaller tuners. Big tuners can spend R&D $ on these tunes because they can reach a much bigger audience remotely than a local Chicago company. They will eventually get the ROI, which smaller tuners will not.

Anyway, the point is, there is a way to run an E85 tune without additional hardware despite what someone may tell you.

Will I keep the E85 tune? I am honestly not sure as I'm not chasing tenths in the quarter mile and I like the availability of 93 at any pump without having to fill up every 3-4 days due to the worse fuel economy. I am also getting a Stage 1 93 tune built to see if the difference is worth it. That was one of the biggest reasons of going with remote tuning so that I can switch/decide.
Appreciate 0