E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwill335i View Post
I wonder about how reliable Ferrari actually is. They replaced both Massa's and Alonso's engine just prior to the race because telemetry from Massa's engine was showing "abnormalities". Also Massa had to back off for the last 20 laps to conserve fuel becasue his engine had fuel consumption problems. He's lucky Hamilton was so far back. So the Ferrari 1-2 might have cost 2 and maybe 3 engines.

I'm glad Ferrari won, but I think there are some troubling signs in their victory. Plus, RBR seems faster in general.
From what I heard from SPEED commentators...its possible it was because of the sand blowing into the radiator and affects the engine cooling...Ferrari replaced the engines as a precaution....so that they can still use the engine in later practice sessions and maybe race later....

and Rob Smedley just tell Felipe to settle down for P2 because engine preservation.....in case something will happen like Vettel.....

after all....eight engines for 19 races is harsh....they need to preserve as much as they can.....