View Single Post
      02-21-2010, 07:39 PM   #21
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
I like the corvette but the second and third reason you have are why I don't love it. The leaf springs actually work for the corvette because they are used as springs and not control arms. But the idea of having it in a sports car is just a turn off. Like having a gorgeous girlfriend but she has meat curtains.. And as for the displacement. They're only making 400 horsepower with 6.0 liters. Same with Dodge. 8.3 liter v10 only makes 500hp.

What I'm trying to explain is these cars don't have the sophistication their european rivals have. They get the job done, but not gracefully.
Why do you care if it is 6.0 liters vs 4.0( in case of the M3)? What makes the 4.0 V8 so sophisticated in your opinion? The fact that the engine works harder to make that power( given fact. Most DOHC engines make their power higher in the powerband requiring to increase the RPM's to get to that power where OHV makes it lower)? Or is it the shock factor that plays into your mind? " Oh wow they got 400 HP out of only 4.0 liters WOW!!!!!" Who gives a damn beyond that wow factor. You have the wow factor while you eat my dust. All that anyone should care about is the fuel economy, how much power it produces, and how smoothly it delivers that power. The LS3 isn't a rough running engine and it doesn't sound coarse like OHV's of the past..... It is a smooth sounding engine that delivers power that demands respect.

So the sophistication reason is pure Grade A BS. You just use it to further keep the image of the Europeans being better then the Americans.
Appreciate 0