10-23-2009, 04:17 AM   #177
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post
Actually I have driven an R8 (uncles) and my dad had a 430 before his 599 GTB, which I have also driven. Opps and yes he owned a 997 GT3 as well. So Ive driven all. The R8 I drove was a 8 cylinder version, and honestly it didnt feel any different from my friends RS4 I have also driven. Interior, Steering, and Handling all felt like an RS4. I really didnt understand and still dont on what all the hype is. The GT3 felt like a proper sports cars, as did the F430.
The plot thicken, all three cars mentioned are owned exclusively by your family. Well that would help with the comparisons, of that I have no doubt but it also puts into doubt your skills as a driver if you still don't see that the R8 is as good as it's priors.

This doubt became more obvious with your next senctence that the steering and handling felt the same as the RS4, the truth is they couldn't be further apart in these two things. If you had only just said the RS4 went as well as the R8 in a straight line then I would have been none the wiser, pity that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post
Aditionally, how many cars that are almost completely composite, and F1 dervieved engine that revs to 9000 rpm are there? I can think of only a few cars that even come to mind. Pagoni Zonda, McClaren F1, Carrera GT, Konesiegggggg? Whats the price tag on those?
I think you will find that this engine in the LF-A is not in fact as close to the F1 engine used in the Toyota race car as you believe it to be. Such a thing is impossible. The list of difference are vast.
Appreciate 0