View Single Post
      10-03-2009, 01:43 PM   #14
brocken
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3MC

I've had an 02 2.5RS, 02 Legacy GT and an 06 WRX. I very much enjoyed all of them and they were all reliable cars. Heck, my friend in high school had one of the late 70's subie hatches with almost 300k miles and it was still going strong.

The main reason that I left Subaru for BMW was comfort and quality. Subaru definitely puts a lot of quality into the reliability and AWD on their cars but usually suffer when it comes to interior components and road noise.
I think they've done a lot to improve that in the last couple years so they may be closer to the BMW in the ride/interior quality dept.
I just remember after putting 20k or so miles on all of the Subarus that the rattles and interior wear were really noticeable. Versus my BMW that has 26k plus and still as solid and quiet as day one.

I would definitely say they are a good value. And for the money you'd save over a BMW the Subarus are well worth it.

And if you want a car to get you around in the Winter I wouldn't consider anything but a Subaru in that price category. I was constantly amazed at where I could go and what I could do in snow and bad weather in my Subarus.
Just remember to get good tires. Some models come with cheapy tires that handicap the AWD.
Appreciate 0