View Single Post
      09-28-2007, 11:29 AM   #41
mateo
Addicted Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theslik1 View Post
The EVO isn't Diamond Star Motors, it's straight-up Mitsu. I own a DSM and know the difference. I'm personally not in the market for an EVO or STi, but I respect what they bring to the table. Say what you want but they've earned their rep...it's the 135i that has to prove itself against these cars, not the other way around. And yeah an STi is harder to mod but it's still a very stout platform. Nobody knows how robust the N54 is going to be, but we're sure to find out in the next year or so.

And let's just face facts about BMW "luck", shall we? Even though I'll probably buy a 135i to keep, there's a damn good reason why many owners lease and/or dump their Bimmers near warranty expiration. 'Nuf said.
The 135I does not have to prove anything to those cars. You are talking about 2 diff lay outs here. And the day a BMW is in the same class as a damn mits or subaru is the day I'll just buy a chevy. Not going to ever happen. Mits makes a better car that subaru, but thats about it. They know nothing about how to run a company, and they are damn lucky to even have any dealers left to support them, or should I say damn lucky to even still be here in the US. If it wasnt for the EVO they would not still be here, and they still owe move than 50 million USD for the fact they are still here.

:roundel: