View Single Post
      07-27-2007, 07:08 AM   #21
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus Decimus View Post
I'd be willing to bet the camaro will be worth a lot less than a 1er when you've decided to get rid of either one. The free maintenance and loaner car program with BMW is brilliant and great value add, and the cost of which should be added to any other car one would consider.

Please don't take what I'm about to say as any sort of personal attack, but IMHO for the most part American cars are crap. There are so many reasons why they cost what they do. American car companies outsource a lot of their key components to the LOWEST bidder, period. I remember taking a look at the Vette at a car show in FTL. Exterior, magnificent, designed by an Italian, not sure who designed the Camaro concept, but it is really nice have to give it that much. But OH GOD, the interior of that Vette, . Same reason I quickly got over the Z. They cut corners to save cost. I'm almost positive the Vette had the same Delco radio as a Malibu or all the other cars in the lot. The cost accountants at American car companies have way too much say in the final product. Do you really want that? Seems they're all strugglin to make a profit these days.

Go down to your nearest chevy dealer look closely at what they have on the lot now. Inspect the fit and finish of the cars, CLOSELY. Look at the size of the brakes, seating position, ergonomic layout, etc... Then go to a Japanese or German dealer any, and do the same.

As a whole, I believe the Japanese, and the Germans make better quality products, especially the Japanese. They are also way ahead in terms of technology.

Sorry for the long post, but 1 final point. If you had to invest your entire retirement portfolio into either Chevy or BMW, who would it be? Think about that and what it tells you about that direction, leadership, and objectives of that company and their related products.

I AGREE!