01-23-2009, 05:20 PM   #53
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipmde786 View Post
I understand what cars are performing well in the world, but thanks for your condescending attitude.

As for the US market, there is no 330i, there is the 328 with 230hp. Therefore it is the counterpart to the A4 2.0T. I understand the A4 3.2 doesn't match up powerwise with the 335, and that's Audi's fault. They should put the supercharged V6 or some variation of it into the standard A4, as they have with the A6. Only then can it evenly compete with the 335 in complete fairness. It also is no secret that MB is working on a direct engine V6 so that the C350 can compete better with the 335i. Should we then compare the C350 to the S4 too?

I also know that in the Euro market, the 330i exists. That's great, but that doesn't make the 335i a natural competitor to the S4. Perhaps there are some different perspectives due to what's available on the market in each region of the world, but I still don't see it as a fair comparison.

The 335i does not account for all the other enhancements that are made to the S-line by Quattro GmBH. I think you can see that. The 335i shares it's suspension and steering components with lower 3 series models, and the M3 has the enhancements.

The RS line, as Bimmer Loyalist said, blurred the lines. The 335i was NOT conceived with the S4/5 in mind, but with the Lexus IS350 in mind, and eventually the latest models of the Infiniti G sedan/coupe. You may contend that they do not care about the US market competitors, but the US market is the largest market for the 3 series AFAIK, so I see those cars to be the reason for the 335i. If you're gonna compare the 335i to the S4 just because of the motor, then go ahead and compare the Lexus and Infiniti too, just because of their similar output.

There's more to performance than just the engine, and there's more to a fair comparison than just the engine also. But see it as you wish.
so what do you recommend the standard is for making the comparison? because right now it just seems very arbitrary from your position. also keep in mind that audi and BMW are german automakers. claiming that the 330i cannot be used in a comparison because it does not come to the states is irrelevant.
Appreciate 0