05-01-2024, 01:36 AM   #13
Padfan9
Sergeant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathshead67 View Post
Im trying to buy a M8 Comp with my local dealership for 79,000.
Its a 2020. After I sat down with the sales person and did the numbers, He came back and told me there was a stop order on that year and model. He said there was a problem with the coolant expansion tank and he was waiting for a answer form corporate office. Its been 1 week and still no answer on what they are doing? Is this dealership giving me the run around? I cant see how they dont want to make a $79000 sale.
I dont see a recall for that problem but after reading the forums I see how the coolant expansion chamber leak.
The part is around $170. Why not just change it and make the sale.
The car will still have 6 months left on the warranty. Im getting anxious
and want this BMW !!

I FEEL YOUR PAIN! I thought I was the only one dealing with this… I promise you my situation sucks the most. I finally got the XM Label I wanted, and the deal I wanted, and still have 15 months on my M8 lease, and needed to have someone take over my lease before getting the new car. I was very strict with asking for cash, plus finding the right person, and several got denied, one backed out and finally after a month, someone got approved. They did all the paperwork, everything is done, I call BMW FS and they said “you’re good to go, just waiting on the title, it’ll be here any day now” literally the next day “sorry your lease assumption has been put on hold due to a recall” I mean the F****** timing …. If they posted it a day later I’d be out of the car. Now I have to keep making payments on the car and insurance and for the new XM until they find the remedy. If you only knew how many times I have called them over the past 2 weeks screaming at them, you’d laugh…. I am in a terrible spot and if it doesn’t get fixed in the next 4-5 weeks the lease assumption will get canceled, assuming the guy doesn’t back out… I am so incredibly pissed off that they waited until now to announce this and don’t even have a fix. WTF are they doing? This is a 160-170K car, they need to get this done NOW. I am so pissed I feel like my blood is boiling. They better reimburse me for the payments I’m making while not driving the car at all and after telling me I’m 100% good to get the XM and the M8 lease will go through the assumption process without any issues. Ahhhhhh

'22 F92 M8 Competition Coupe - Frozen Brilliant White | 8 Speed DCT | Sakhir Orange/Black Full Leather | M Perf CF Exterior Package | M Perf. CF Exhaust | BBS FI-R 21" Wheels |
Appreciate 0