04-30-2024, 04:42 PM   #9
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nv335 View Post
The issue: looks like there’s “no remedy.” In other words, it’s not about replacing the expansion tank. Maybe mine is not even cracked. Doesn’t matter. (My opinion: it MAY crack, causing a catastrophic and expensive engine damage.)

While there’s no remedy yet, I was told it is not classified as a “safety issue.”
Dealing with this similar scenario with the wife's LCI 40i that actually has a safety recall for the IBS system. Received the notice in the MyBMW app even before the paper letter aka snail mail from BMW. Called in late March (rules with the dealership to schedule a recall appointment to ensure parts, etc. exist) and was told sorry no remedy at the present time.

I asked how long? They said we'll get another snail mail from BMW when the "remedy" and parts are available. Based on a few posts on the G05 forum it sounds like parts are now rolling in for the "remedy". I'm waiting on my SA to text me and confirm they have the parts.

So basically 2 months of waiting and fingers crossed that's not the same story for the stop order on M8's for the coolant expansion tank issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nv335 View Post
HOW LONG WOULD IT TAKE?? They don’t know. Scary answer. They “hope” not long. (Who likes it when their SA uses the word “hope?”). There are stories of remedies that took MONTHS to solve (engineer a solution, test it, document a bulletin, etc.)
Same story, i.e., hope. I have ensured while that "hope" takes place the wife is safe. I tested the heck out of the car with DSC on/off and hard stops enough to engage ABS. So although the wife's LCI 40i falls under the manufacturing dates with the issue hers may not have bad parts to begin with.
Appreciate 1
Vic5519790.50