No_Country
Rep
Drives: '21 M850i GC, '23 X3 M40i

Garage List
  [0.00]
2023 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
My good friend is minority owner in a store so he let me drive the car today and he knows who I am and how I drive so I kinda ripped it. But I first warmed up the oil and tires...

Soooo

Is it good? Sure it it is but its heavy and reasonably fast. I cant really compare it to my M8 since the 8 is modded with RaceChip but it felt better than the GT63S Sedans Ive borrowed in times past.

Interior: its fine and loaded with tech and screens. I dont buy cars for the tech per se but do enjoy an better optical presentation. So it was easily acceptable and not an issue to me.

Suspension/Chassis: I drove it in Sport Plus (all settings aggressive) and man this thing is a fat tank and a brick on the road. My roads are pretty good in the OC but it was still an hardcore experience. I think if I changed the suspension to Sport or Comfort it would have been more forgiving. Its not a game breaker for me though as I like a more taut set up. After I finished and drove the same road in my M3 CS- the CS was so much better at still creating comfort while keeping the chassis very much in control. But again, I should have used different damper setttings.

Speed: Its fast- not sure if its its M8 fast but this shit moves well and has responsive throttle and TCU shifting.

Sound: Typical Hot V AMG-- great noises, barks, pops- up and down the rpm ranges. I like alot.

Cabin: I didnt spend enough time but like I mentioned earlier, its fine for me and if I get one it will be for the driveability and not creature comforts.

I did hit over 100 relatively fast and it was steady and sturdy beast- steering was slightly off in feel but did reply to my inputs rather correctly. I think this could be a car Id rock but probably not at 200k plus a 25k markup (they offered me MSRP on the spot though and I said negative). If this car falls by the way of the SL expect nice discounts and even trunk and stairstep money (IYKYK).

Its a very good looking car and while I cant watch myself drive I could imagine it LOL. As I drove off in my M3 CS on the same road I said to myself; the CS is faster shifting with the CS ZF tune from the factory and just a more enduring car of the roads whether it be good or bad. BMW has this shit down with dampers and springs along with body structure.

I want to love this car so badly as I'm a sucker for long hood/short trunk but I can't help feeling like MB completely overshot the mark on the pricing. Maybe I need to drive one.

My Instagram (lots of cars & food)
Appreciate 0