View Single Post
      04-22-2024, 08:20 AM   #25
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

I recently bought a house for myself as I had a good option to upgrade... there are still so many things that I question about the entire real estate purchasing / mortgage industry process... if you look deep down, it's kind of a scam across the board lol.

1. Rates - FHA loans get better rates than conventional loans.... why? because the govt chooses to back loans for "less qualified buyers" with lower downpayments lol? So the guys with a convential loan and 50% downpayment gets a worse rate than a new buyer w a 5% down FHA loan?

2. PMI - (doesn't apply to me) but can someone explain why this exists and why this option is even allowed? Why would homes be sold at 5% down lol? This is just asking for an upside down equity scenario in any sort of downturn as we see now.

3. LTV - If you loan to value is higher - you get a better rate? What? So if you take out a larger loan vs the value of your home, you can get a better rate because apparently the banks can scam you on more interest lol.

4. Title Insurance - just so I understand... is this to protect me or the title company lol? This is an incredible way for the title company to basically put off all of their own risk back on the buyer... you aren't really protecting yourself... you're actually in fact paying to protect them in case if they fail at their job.

5. Agent commissions... I had an awesome buying agent and again it didn't cost me anything as the buyer... but if I was the seller... a 20k payment to both the selling and buying agent for limited amount of work would really irritate me.. the amount of work done doesn't equal the value. The recent NAR ruling at least partially resolved this.

The whole process in and out seems like a way just to squeeze the max money out of the transacting parties. It's ridiculous.