LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jane View Post
Although I partially agree with you above statement, students should stop getting into debt for useless degrees and wait at home for employers to come knocking at their doors. It doesn't work that way.

Even if opportunity knocks, you still have to get off your arse and answer it.
The problem I have with this is placing the burden upon the students. Why would we do this here when we don’t do this in any other part of society?

You don’t get to go to a bank and say “I need $1M to buy a 2025 BMW i5” and the bank says sure. The bank will look at the cost of the vehicle and cap your loan there. They will look at your current pay and debt experience to gauge your risk and interest rate.

How can a student who has yet to work their professional career capable of accurately gauging their future earnings? They can’t. You want students taking some risks to better themselves, but you don’t want them so crushed that they lose any interest in trying.

The government on the other hand already has this data. They know students earnings after graduation. Debt loads and repayment ability. They can accurately gauge the “risk” of a given school and its degree programs.

Give students accurate details before they borrow about their degree and their school.

Cap debt limits for schools that are graduating students who aren’t earning well enough to afford their loans. Etc.

As I keep saying, the students are not the problem. They are victims in the current system. They are sold a promising future they have no real experience to gauge its risk. Yet many want to blame them alone. Boggles my mind.

Last edited by LogicalApex; 03-23-2024 at 01:18 PM..
Appreciate 0