LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
His explanation made sense, but my bad you said it's valid so I guess that's that.

Look. Let's just assume EVERYTHING you say is legit and it's double dipping and the schools are shady and preying on students etc.

How does me paying for your student loans (because it's not forgiveness... no such thing... it's redistribution of student loans to people who didn't take them out) solve all your claimed issues with the educational system?

Is it student loan forgiveness AND ban on future government backed student loans? Is it student loan forgiveness AND overhaul of the higher education system? Is it student loan forgiveness AND shutting down of these predatory practices by colleges?

No.
As I said many times, I'm actually not in favor of a totally free higher education system. I have no idea where you and others keep getting this from. The student should have some skin in the game and loans can provide that skin. The loans should be capped at how much debt a student is capable of assuming to prevent the debt from becoming crushing as it is today and to provide pressure on the government to do its function of holding schools accountable.

The students aren't the problem here the government allowing states and schools to extract as much as possible from students with questionable results is. The government also planning these systems with the goal of turning a profit is also a problem. The students end up victims in this which is a real tragedy.

There is no societal win for letting students graduate with debt loads too large and so heavy that it weighs down every other area of society.
Appreciate 1