03-04-2024, 03:30 PM   #21
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van_bimmer View Post
No, there is an option on the M850’s to keep the engine sound in sport mode, all the time. It’s only sound. Car still starts in comfort all the time only with the exhaust always in sport mode.
For the record that is an ASD setting which sets the fabricated sound plus if on anything other than "depends on driving mode" or "sporty" will also impact the ECU fuel mixture and also close the exhauat flaps, e.g. "reduced" mode.

Quote:
This is different than sport plus driving mode still as it doesn’t do the pops unless you switch to sport+.
Not true unless they nerfed it on the 2021+ years (if memory serves you have a 2020). Granted even the 2020s may have changed as my build is 10/2019 and the 2019s run hot. The nerf may have come with the ECU shift in June 2020 in which they all started being "locked".

That said try Sport Individual with the engine on Sport Plus, transmission on your setting of choice but Sport is the most balanced and chassis once again on your preference but I run "comfort" due to crappy local roads.

Also, follow the instructions on how to disable the flaps as well as ASD via pulling two fuses. Once done ASD is out of the picture unless in "reduced" as that will impact the ECU fuel mixture although it can't touch the flaps. Cold start in Comfort or pressing Sport Individual are basically the same, i.e., loud as hell once the flaps are permanently open.

Quote:
There was one member that complained the sport sound was no longer there as an option after this update, which means you may as well dump the car because there would be no point to even live.
As posted on that thread, "sporty" is useless as long as one sets "depends on drive mode". I've never even bothered to use Bimmercode to set the car to always start in Sport Individual as it's the 1st button I push (Sport which remembers your last setting or toggles) before starting the car. As stated however testing Sport Individual vs default comfort mode (in the car and via remote start) there are zero differences once the flaps are permanently open.
Appreciate 0