03-04-2024, 09:03 AM   #13
rickyr17
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M850i Vert (G14)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van_bimmer View Post
No, there is an option on the M850’s to keep the engine sound in sport mode, all the time. It’s only sound. Car still starts in comfort all the time only with the exhaust always in sport mode.
This is different than sport plus driving mode still as it doesn’t do the pops unless you switch to sport+.
There was one member that complained the sport sound was no longer there as an option after this update, which means you may as well dump the car because there would be no point to even live.
I'm not sure if I'm the member in question. I took delivery of my 2024 M850 in December. It had 11.2023.20 software pre-installed and it does not have the Sporty option in the Engine Sound settings. Thus far, I don't think anybody has confirmed that it went away after an upgrade. In fact, I'm curious if anybody who has taken delivery of a 2024 is also missing the setting or if it's just me and I need to take it in. It's not really too important since I've opened the flaps and removed the ASD and exhaust valve fuses. It sounds great.
Appreciate 0