View Single Post
      03-02-2024, 04:30 PM   #8
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by baege View Post
thing is with the C7 GM programmed the throttle so it wasn't linear, i.e. 20% pedal did not equate to actual 20% throttle, more like 20% pedal was 5% throttle, they did this to make the car safer at lower speeds since it has so much torque.
My Camaro is the opposite of that, around town, 20% of pedal is more like 70% of the actual, responding much faster. I don't like that, because up top at high RPMs it makes it feel like there is "nothing left". They do this to boost the drivability at low RPMs...but it really doesn't need it. Track mode is a linear throttle though, much easier to work the power in corners too, so you don't break loose.

Each driving mode has a different throttle response though and I'd imagine the Caddy is the same, there's usually normal/tour, snow/ice, sport and track. So asking how a car is going to respond at 50% throttle is really going to depend on the mode. Unlike my BMW, when I put my car in sport, it would remember it and I wouldn't have to do it on every start-up.

Did you try track mode in the C7?