View Single Post
      02-26-2024, 11:36 PM   #10
TWO-BMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 335ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB5 View Post
We have quite a bit in common. I too, am from Michigan, and "suffered" a similar fate, with regard to my career position, not to mention a divorce, for good measure. The difference, however, is that at 75, my exit occurred well over a decade ago. And.. after some "scrambling," I nearly recovered -but- not quite in the manner to which I had earlier aspired.

Having said that, perhaps you might consider taking the same road I did, with regard to obtaining a reasonably affordable BMW 8-series auto that you find appealing.

I accomplished this by forgoing a much higher mileage M850i, and set my sights on a much lower mileage, but nearly identical looking, 840i XDrive 2-door coupe'

Obviously, it's not even nearly as quick as it's more powerful 850 sibling, the 840i is quite spirited, it's B58 engine highly responsive to a tune, so as to make it "very spirited," and, in every other respect - virtually, the same car.

Mine, a well optioned 2020, with under 8k miles, coupled with an untraceable JB+ piggyback tuner connected makes just under 400 HP, with a noticeable increase in torque, over factory stock. It is quite sufficient in providing the BMW 8-series experience, albeit with a bit less power - an excellent compromise, in my humble opinion.

I paid $53K for the car (just over $56K "all in,) and could hardly be happier.

Here's hoping that this response might at least, provide some "food for thought !!"

Good luck, my friend....and,

My very best regards,

GB5 - (my friends call me Gary.)
Gary, thanks for your thoughts on this. Much appreciated.
Appreciate 0