02-22-2024, 04:40 PM   #25
KONG991TT
Big Daddy Rough Nuts
Rep
Drives: GT3RS, 911 Turbo, Cayenne

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TupperBMW View Post
^ First of all, my M850i has 19k miles and is a '22 model, so I'm not sure how $58k "looks right" when you got $60k for a '19 model with similar miles.

Secondly, the 8 series very much is NOT a common car. Is it rare? No. It's not rare like a GT3RS or anything remotely close to that. But among BMW's, it's one of the least common models you'll see on the streets.

But regardless, that's not why it isn't selling well. It being "common" has nothing to do with it.
No need to get defensive here with this "first of all" stuff Tupp, I'm just giving you a data point(s) and didn't mean to offend you man.

1) Convertible's carry a premium over a Gran Coupe (sedan). Market, season, options, location, service history, vehicle condition and even color impact values. I traded mine in for a car much more expensive so maybe they were able to budge a little more and making it back on the 3RS.

2) I looked at Autotrader and gran coupes with similar miles range between 58k-68k retail so you got a trade in value that's literally at the bottom of the RETAIL spectrum (traditionally, trade in offers are well below RETAIL but we live in strange times). That's why I said it looked right. You can explain to them how uncommon the car is and that it's one of the least common models they'll see on the streets. If your logic is correct, they should budge and give you a higher price.

3) Yes, it's the least produced model in the sea of BMW's but when I say it's a common car, BMW's are a dime a dozen.

4) Its a hard thing to accept since we're all enthusiasts here but the reason why they're not selling is because no one is buying them. Your trade in value reflects the MARKET demand. They didn't sell that well when they were new, they won't sell as well used.

It sucks, I lost a little bit of money too when I traded mine in but I knew that walking in for the aforementioned reasons above.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0