View Single Post
      02-07-2024, 10:19 PM   #16
LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
If there is no charges being levied on you here. I'm not sure what you're worried about in reality.

I've had a very wide loaner experience depending on dealership and brands I've used over the years between BMW and Mercedes. I would have ignored this if there were no charges being passed onto me that aren't legitimate; as the case is here.

The loaner is owned by the dealership and is their responsibility. If the next driver ran a red light and got a red light camera ticket that goes to the Dealership. They'd have to eat the cost if they had no idea who was driving it (as you can easily prove it wasn't you since you have your car back). Your car insurance would tell them to kick rocks if that person was in an accident in the car as well. Since, they wouldn't extend coverage to cover the next person the dealership gave the car to (irrespective of what a paper says).

You're adding too much drama to your life in my opinion.

Sometimes it can helpful to have your SA and the Dealership go to bat for your with BMWNA for stuff. No need to risk that by becoming a persona non grata for something like this.

Just my $.02 anyway. You do you.
Appreciate 0