View Single Post
      01-29-2024, 05:08 PM   #2
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Vanquish, FF, 392 Wrangler

If you don't have a McLaren dealer or indy shop nearby I wouldn't get one. You may be good at wrenching but there's certain things that can only be done with special diagnostic tools that only dealers and some indy shops have. Aston Martin doesn't even let indy shops have them, ask me how I know! Parts can also be absurdly expensive and difficult to get if anything big breaks. Owning any exotic without a good dealer/indy shop nearby is a recipe for a not-so-fun ownership experience if you get unlucky and have some issues.

Can never go wrong with a GT3. Personally I'd take a 991.1 GTS over a Turbo S, both great cars but I'm a NA engine kind of guy. The GTS will be a lot cheaper too and just as fun IMO. 718 GTS 4.0 or Spyder/GT4 are also obvious candidates.

Ferrari F430 and FF are in your price range. The V12 in the FF is mind-blowingly awesome. If you're really good at wrenching and can do your own engine-out services, the F355 with a manual would be a hell of a lot of fun and IMO is one of best looking Ferraris ever made.
Appreciate 3