01-27-2024, 05:07 PM   #6
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by donharris757 View Post
i know its a bit redundant .. but i just cant take this bent rim crap anymore.. not one month goes by that i dont bend a rim in this BS state of taxes potholes and tolls!!!(NJ)
Sorry and can feel the pain. Luckily although I've hit some potholes have yet to bend a rim. It's likely everywhere but what I've noticed over the past decade plus is it now takes months to get a pot hole repaired vs prior in less than a week. Guessing every city government is balancing the budget deficits that hit after the housing "bubble" collapse and holding off on road repairs until absolutely necessary.

It's to the point I won't take the M850i into uncharted territory around the Phoenix metropolitan area. Rather I bird dog it with the wife's X5 first and then if I go back for whatever reason I know where the potholes are, etc. In fact the wife's best friend has such a nasty stretch of road to her house when we go there for dinner, etc. it's always the X5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donharris757 View Post
the warranty company dropped me after the first year (thanks for the bootleg warranty Freehold BMW!)
I'm guessing there's some fine print on maximum number of claims or value within a 12 month period. I need to check the tires/wheels package I picked up for the wife's LCI 40i last August. Mainly did it for curb rashes (she already has done so on the front passenger rim) as over the next 5 years it will pay for itself. Hard to bend a rim on a X5 but likely doable in the worst case scenario. The tire coverage is just gravy train in case of a nail, etc.
Appreciate 0