View Single Post
      01-17-2024, 02:28 AM   #10
Krzys
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i, BMW M8 Comp, 911

I wonder in what sense is Taycan handling better than M8, considering it’s significantly slower in track tests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoyaLefty50 View Post
Flipped out of my M8GC into the Taycan Turbo S.

Love them both. I just get antsy. Plus, I love selling cars after a year so I can enjoy the highest depreciation impact possible.

I had the RS e-tron GT briefly 2 years ago and the electric power is welcomed again. Launching the TTS is insane, but so was the M8.

Quick hits on comparison:

- Power goes to Taycan, slightly. Launch and power when between 30-50, which is awesome, are the biggest differences. At 50+ the electric still has edge but it’s similar. Launching the M8 was nuts too, especially with the akrapovic.

- Handling/Ride Quality goes to Taycan. Much different feel. I have the Olea Club Leather in the Taycan and it’s much more comfortable. Steering and suspension feel better.

- Appearance. Tie. Both are gorgeous. Interior in the Taycan has more tech, variable light moonroof, etc. My M8 was black and Sakhir with alcantara. Both strong. Exterior is a toss up. That frunk though…

- Tech. BMW wins. Porsche’s interface is cool, much better than Audi, but the BMW UI is just better. Reverse camera and surround view not even close. The Porsche is awful. Porsche doesn’t have soft close doors. Porsche has comfort access coming but not going. I have the Innodrive but haven’t used and wouldn’t compare that anyway.

- Sound. Porsche by a mile. The Burmester is much stronger than B&W IMO. Doesn’t have the ambient lighting but the sound is badass.

The car is a 2024. The M8 was a 2023. Taycans are struggling with holding value and sales have slowed so I got a very aggressive discount off MSRP. I took one from dealer inventory, which is how I got the M8, RSQ8, and RS e-tron GT as well. If the spec is good I’m in. Doesn’t have to be custom. This is black metallic with the black club leather in comfort seats with the massage. Trim inside is leather and body color so it’s simple and dark. Only add on I’m doing short term is carbon mirror caps to match other outside trim and front clear PPF and full ceramic. No stealth changes for now.

Also, there’s a software upgrade I’m exploring that takes the HP to 800 and gives you all of it all the time, not just on launch. A friend did it to his RS e-tron GT and says it’s undetectable to the dealer and loves it. It’s about $5k with labor.

I figure this group will roast me for driving a microwave so have at it. I deserve it.

Still love the M8.
Appreciate 0