Justao
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M8 F91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valvetronic Designs View Post
Hey Folks,
Jumping in to give some clarity on the AE exhaust. It's important to understand that some people who decide to take the plunge and order from a place like AliExpress do you get a half decent product in the short term. Unfortunately, this does not usually play out when the system ages. Something can look very similar, but can have such different engineering constraints. It's a totally different product indeed. You can see in the valve bodies that they're clamping stainless steel valve bodies to the titanium piping instead of using a casted titanium valve body. This is one of the cheapest manufacturing techniques and your valves will rattle. Maybe not immediately but overtime they will. if you want to take the risk, you are more than welcome to do so, but we have had so many people who order systems like this from suppliers and they receive something totally different and their credit card companies are unwilling to assist and aliexpress sides with the manufacture and they end up being forced to dispose of the system and purchased the authentic thing as they are embarrassed to have their valves rattle.

Remember, if we were just drop shipping systems like this with no engineering developments, we would've failed long ago.
Is the valve body your only concern? Does VT use titanium body because they look nearly identical from the pictures…
I can’t say much about the valve rattle as I always keep my valves open… I’m not saying this system is any better or identical to the VT, but considering it cost me 3x less I have no regrets with this system
Appreciate 0