11-18-2023, 12:45 PM   #90
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddym850icoupe View Post
Before anyone even considers the amg gt, look at how many SLs are buybacks or lemons in less than a year of being for sale. The new amg gt is identical to the SL so expect the same issues. Also, there are comparison tests of the SL 55 and SL 63 with the m850 convertible and m8 convertible and the 8 series came out on top. As a prior owner of a near 200k 2020 amg gtc roadster, I would tell u all to steer clear. Current mercedes reliability is pretty abominable. I'd also mention that the optional high end 3d burmester doesn't come close to the B&W
Any manufacturer can produce a lemon but to your point sadly Mercedes is definitely having some quality control issues over the last few years. They had to buy back a co-workers SL 63 from 2021 and replace it. Irony is same guy that bought a SL500 back in the early 2Ks that also lemoned out but in that buyback they threw in oa sweet deal for a SL55 (63 didn't exist until a few years later) that was rock solid.

Agreed on the 3D Burmeister audio. I tried to calibrate his 2021 lemon and replacement but it was an exercise in frustration. The 3D Burmeister has the most aggressive non-defeatable DSP of any car audio system I've been asked to help with. Granted I'd love the option to defeat the B&W DSP aka sound profiles as I know I would be able to get even more out of the system for my 5.1 FLAC albums but at least I've discovered "concert" is the sweet spot after hours and hours of testing/calibrating.
Appreciate 0