11-14-2023, 01:43 PM   #37
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
I don't believe these comments come from first hand experience in current model Panameras or Cayennes with full club leather interior, or custom interiors with deviated stitching, Race Tex or houndstooth. These are expressive, luxury interiors.
Honestly I never even considered Porsche because I hated their interiors soooo much. The 2019 Cayenne and I think maybe a couple of years earlier for the Panamera are the only time IMO the interiors were acceptable.

Still to this day the boxster and cayman interiors are hideous IMO. The newer 911s and such have much nicer interiors now.

As for the 718... I test drove a few CPO ones (would never pay the premium for a new one or deal with getting on wait lists etc). They weren't bad... but they just didn't feel worth $60k+ to me. I drove a base and an S with PDK back to back and honestly I didn't feel the S added THAT much. However both felt fine, I prefer NA engines all day but these did not feel bad. I later drove a base manual and I feel that while I prefer the manual it made the engine much more laggy or whatever you want to call it.

Ultimately I couldn't see the $60k+ in value and went with an ND2 Miata for less than half the price.
Appreciate 1
chassis6690.50