View Single Post
      10-21-2023, 12:35 PM   #75
Rob_G77
Major
Rep
Drives: Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie55 View Post
Maybe it's just me and my love of convertibles, but how do you go from an 850 convertible to an X5? To me, that's like saying "these shoes don't fit right, so I think I'll return them and buy a toaster."
The reason is that there is A LOT of bad experience with the car. It got backed into and later on sideswiped. The following repair process was a nightmare with poor paint (metallic) match and missing parts. I still don't like the match, but don't trust the body shop to do any better. I cannot take it elsewhere because the repair claim is with the BMW autobody shop. Then there's the collision avoidance defect which I have been unable to get repaired. It's been there over a year and I'm tired of it happening. Finally there is the depreciation factor on this car. The trade I got plus incentives meant I was losing only $10k - so it's my opportunity to escape this car. Another dealership just offered me $30k Cdn less trade value yesterday.

Don't get me wrong, I love convertibles! But I still prefer the roadster experience like a Z4, not an M850i. Maybe one day I will have another Z4.

The X5 is about luxury. I'm generally not an SUV fan, but I do really like the X5 and X6 vehicles. I don't care about not having a V8 either. I think the I6 B58 is a great engine!

Rob
Appreciate 0