View Single Post
      09-21-2023, 11:57 PM   #6
CrashCade
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 M5 Comp,

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbradyc5 View Post
Well my M8 Comp GC has finally found it’s home for the next couple of months in the shop while it undergoes surgery. Here is first pic as top side fabrication work gets started for new twin Garrett G30-770 turbo setup…as you can see this will be no small venture. Once this turbo and exhaust plumbing fab work is done the engine will come out for forged rods and pistons while turbos and turbo manifolds get sent out for heat shielding and ceramic coating. While engine is out we will make final design tweaks to custom port injection intake manifolds I designed and had 3D printed a few times as we evolved the design along. CAD design will then be sent out for CNC’ing these billet manifolds. Trans and transfer case will come out and go to Pure Drivetrain Solutions for their treatment. Custom brushless fuel pump will be retrofitted into stock basket and custom ice tank will be trunk mounted. Motiv Reflex system will be controlling e85/port injection setup. Front radiator and aux coolers will be replaced with CR units so we’ll see how well those work. From the photo you can see that getting those turbos low enough to still work with stock hood will be a challenge so we’ll see if a custom “power dome” hood is in the cards or not. I’m sure there is a bunch of stuff I’m forgetting but I’ll try to keep this thread updated as it moves along. If all goes as planned we’ll achieve the 1200+ whp goal and I’m sure find the limits of drive shafts and/or axles and/or diff on this platform. Hopefully a lot of this will help pave the way for others who decide to push beyond standard bolt on stuff currently available. Sorry for the long ass post but hopefully a few who want to push the envelope will get something out of this
How far out are you on intake manifolds? I’m sure there is probably enough interest that you might be able to build a few sets and maybe knock down your pricing for 1 off set.

I am curious and depending on price and availability, would be interested in a set if that is a thing.
Appreciate 2
Tenac4602.50